This is an online tool that helps you see how your clinic appears on Google Search and Maps. It supports businesses that have a physical location customers can visit or businesses that travel to visit their customers.
With Google My Business, you can:
- Update your business name, address, and hours
- Manage and respond to user reviews
- Post photos related to the business
- See data on how patients searched for your dental business and where those patients are coming from
- Receive and reply to messages from users
- Share updates and offers with your patients
It’s especially useful for local businesses, as it can significantly increase your business profile visibility online. Google My Business profiles often appear in the Local Pack and in Google Maps results, which can be a large source of potential patients. The platform allows businesses to directly communicate with customers and get insights about their online presence. As of my knowledge cut-off in September 2021, the tool remains a critical component of local SEO strategies.
Google My Business (GMB) is a vital tool for any dentist or dental practice seeking to increase its online visibility. By creating and optimising a GMB listing, you allow your practice to appear in local search results and Google Maps, thus reaching potential patients who are looking for dental services in your area. A critical feature of GMB is its posts function, which allows businesses to share updates, offers, news, and more directly on Google Search and Maps. Here is a detailed guide on how to post on Google My Business for dentists:
Step 1: Create and Claim Your GMB Profile
First, you need to create or claim your GMB listing if you haven’t done so already. Visit the Google My Business page and follow the instructions. If you already have a listing, make sure it is verified. Google typically verifies businesses by dispatching a postcard with a verification code to your business’ physical location address.
Step 2: Navigate to the “Posts” Section
Once you’re set up and logged in, find the posts tab in your dashboard on the GMB homepage. This is where you’ll see different options like “Info,” “Insights,” “Reviews,” and, of course, “Posts.” Click on “Posts” to get started with your first post.
Step 3: Choose the Type of Post
GMB offers several types of posts:
- “Updates” for sharing general information or news
- “Events” for promoting a special occasion, like a free dental check-up day
- “Offers” for advertising discounts or special deals
- “Products” for showcasing what your practice offers
Each blog post type requires different information, so choose the one that suits your content best.
Step 4: Craft Your Post
When you’ve chosen your post type, it’s time to craft your post. Here are some guidelines:
- Text: You have up to 1,500 characters, but only the first 80-100 characters show up in the initial post preview, so make sure your most critical information is upfront.
- Photos/Videos: Include an eye-catching photo or video in your post. Images should be high quality and represent your practice accurately. The ideal image ratio is 4:3, and images should be at least 400px x 300px. If you’re using a video, it should be up to 30 seconds long, 100 MB, and 720p resolution.
- CTA: Google allows you to include a Call-To-Action (CTA) button like “Book,” “Call Now,” or “Visit.” Make sure to use these to drive engagement with your post.
Step 5: Review and Publish
Before publishing a Google post, review your post to ensure there are no errors, everything is accurate, and it represents your practice well. Then, hit “Publish.” The post will now appear in the “Updates” tab on your GMB profile and can be seen by anyone searching for your business on Google.
Utilising Posts Effectively
Posts can be a great way to engage with potential patients and boost your online presence. Here are some ideas on utilising GMB posts for a dental practice:
- Offers: If you’re offering a new patient special or a discount on certain services, create an “Offer” post detailing the terms of the deal.
- Events: Hosting an open house? Or perhaps a free dental health seminar? Share an “Event” post with the time, date, and details.
- Updates: Share “Updates” about new services, changed opening hours, or new team members. During a public health crisis, it’s also important to update safety procedures or guidelines your practice is following.
- Educational Content: Post about dental health topics, giving tips and advice to readers. This can position your practice as an expert in the field.
- Patient Reviews and Testimonials: If you have glowing patient testimonials, consider sharing them as a post (with the patient’s permission).
In conclusion, Google My Business posts can help your dental practice increase visibility, attract new patients, and engage with your community. Regularly posting relevant, engaging content can be a game-changer in your digital marketing strategy. Just ensure that you follow best practices and keep your business posts professional, timely, and representative of your practice.
What Is The Impact Of Google My Business On A Dental Practice?
Google My Business (GMB) has a profound impact on the visibility, reputation, and success of a dental practice. As a free, user-friendly tool, it can be instrumental in attracting new patients, engaging with existing ones, and driving more traffic to your website. Here are the key benefits GMB can provide for your dental practice:
Enhanced Local SEO
Local SEO is about improving your business post visibility for local searches. GMB is one of the most important platforms for local SEO, as it allows your dental practice to appear in local search results and on Google Maps. This makes it easier for people in your area to find your practice when they search for dental services.
When your practice appears in these local search results, it will display critical information such as your address, phone number, business hours, and reviews. Having this information readily available in organic search can help potential patients to make a decision to choose your practice.
Online Reputation Management
Your GMB listing allows patients to leave reviews about their experiences with your practice. These reviews, and your responses to them, are publicly visible. This can play a key role in managing your online reputation.
In the healthcare sector, and especially in dentistry, positive reviews can significantly influence potential patients’ decision-making process. Moreover, responding to both positive and negative reviews shows your commitment to patient satisfaction, which can further boost your reputation.
Enhanced Patient Engagement
GMB is not just a listing; it’s a tool for engagement. It allows you to post updates about your practice, promote special offers, and communicate directly with potential and existing patients.
This feature can be particularly beneficial for dental practices. For example, you can share tips on dental care, post about new services or treatments you’re offering, or provide updates on changes to your operations, such as new safety protocols.
Insight into Patient Behaviour
GMB offers robust insights into how patients interact with your listing.
You can see how many people viewed your listing, clicked on your website, called your practice directly from the listing, and more.
These insights can be valuable for understanding patient behaviour and refining your marketing strategy.
For instance, if you see that many people are visiting your website from your GMB listing, but not many are calling your practice, you might decide to make your phone number more prominent on your website.
Digital marketing can be expensive, but GMB is completely free. Despite this, it offers many of the same benefits as paid marketing channels: increased visibility, patient engagement, reputation management, and valuable insights.
For dental practices on a tight budget or those just starting, this makes GMB a cost-effective marketing solution. Even practices with larger marketing budgets can benefit from the added visibility and engagement that GMB provides.
The bottom is Google My Business is a powerful tool for any dental practice. Its impact on local search engine visibility, online reputation management, patient engagement, and marketing effectiveness can be significant. If used effectively, it can contribute to the growth and success of your dental practice, helping you to attract more patients and provide better services. As with any marketing tool, the key is to use it strategically and regularly review your performance to refine your approach continually.
MediBoost is here to empower your growth with our comprehensive digital marketing solutions specifically designed for dental practices.
Our expertise extends to managing your Google My Business profile—an essential tool in attracting and engaging local patients. We’ll ensure your profile is fully optimised, showcasing your services, office hours, and patient reviews. Plus, we’ll manage regular posts to engage your audience, provide valuable information, and highlight what makes your practice exceptional. Contact us on 1300 163 058 today.
Google Gives Businesses a Hand with Google My Business | HuffPost Small Business
How to optimize a Google My Business dentist profile to drive new patients | Dentistry IQ